Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rubbish or Treasure

You know the saying, one person's rubbish is another person's treasure... 

When we were living in Dubai I came across this chair on my morning run.  It had been put out with someones rubbish!  The chair was too big for me to carry home at the time so after what felt long a long day at work we finally got the chance to go back that night with the car... and it was still there!  Hoorah!

Unfortunately I don't have a before photo but the chair was in bad shape.  It had been left outside so it was covered in grime.  The rattan on the seat was ripped and the chair was extremely unsturdy.  Luckily for me I had a really handy friend who very kindly came around to help me repair the chair. 



The VERY handy Matty!

 We removed all the rattan from the bottom section and Matty built a new frame.  He also put new supports underneath to strengthen the chair.  He then made a new wooden seat to replace the rattan.  After a really good sand and clean the chair was looking fabulous already!

We layered a piece of foam over the top of the wooden base and then covered it in fabric to complete the cushion for the seat.  

So this item of someone's rubbish has now become my most treasured piece of furniture!




1 comment:

  1. Just love this seat, great find and renovation.

    ReplyDelete